Vehicles & Weapons Artist – Applicant bank
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Here’s what awaits you in this job:
Beenox is seeking a die-hard fan of the vehicles and weapons we find in FPS games. This artist will devote most of his or her time to designing a wide variety of next-gen vehicles and weapons that will be part of the Call of Duty franchise. It goes without saying that a passion for all things related to military equipment is a plus.
You’ll develop your creations using Maya (or 3DS Max), Substance, and zBrush softwares. You’ll be responsible for designing these elements and applying the appropriate textures.
You’ve already created many vehicles and weapons as part of other projects in the same style. Your capacity to respect proportions and add a touch of normal wear and tear to your creations is readily apparent.
Weapons being at the forefront in Call of Duty, you’ll have a significant impact on the entire game. Decisions are made as a team and workload is divided according to the strengths of each member.
You’re arriving at a key moment for the studio, just as Beenox is actively contributing to the production of next-gen content in the extensive Call of Duty family.
Beenox has almost 50 hand-picked artists for whom the working environment is particularly important!
You’ll need to:
- Become an integral part of a team of multidisciplinary artists, designers, and programmers determined to create the best possible material
- Design vehicles and weapons according to technical constraints while seeking the highest degree of realism
- Make full use of your knowledge of military equipment
- Work with the artistic director to bring the project vision to life
- Respect the project’s technical constraints
- Keep up to date with technical aspects so as to improve your skills
- Provide the team with your opinions during the review process
- Experienced: You have at least three (3) years of experience working in a video game studio or the equivalent, and you crave this type of environment.
- Competent: You’ve successfully delivered at least one (1) photo-realistic type game title.
- Talented: You’re able to present an exceptional portfolio which clearly shows your mastery of the realistic style in terms of vehicles and/or weapons.
- Informed: You‘ve kept up with the latest artistic innovations and you make it your business to try them out.
- Versatile: You’re familiar with Maya and/or 3DSMax and you’re especially at ease with zBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter. You’re also used to working with a game engine.
- Open-minded: You make yourself available to help out with other related tasks, such as creating environmental elements.
- Flexible: You’re keen to learn how to use new internal tools and you don’t get discouraged when faced with regular change.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ART00017T&lang=en →