Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Beenox is searching for a Technical Artist who has the necessary skills to optimize and monitor the technical aspect of the art work on the Call of Duty franchise. The selected candidate will be expected to act as a subject matter expert for the less technical artists, in addition to contributing directly to the project.
- Assess available technologies and work with artists to make the most of these technologies;
- Integrate 2D / 3D elements;
- Optimize the game based on the console specifications elements;
- Act as a bridge between programmers, artists and designers;
- Contribute to improved workflow through the project;
- Work with engine programmers to allow proper functioning of technology;
- Proactively resolve technical issues related to performance or pipeline;
- Troubleshoot technical bugs identified by testers.
- 3 years of experience in the video game industry or equivalent;
- Experience with 3D game titles and different consoles;
- Proficiency with 3DSMax and Maya;
- Good knowledge of image processing software like Photoshop;
- Ability to perform scripts (Max script or Python) and to develop tools;
- Good understanding of common problems in the development of a game;
- Strong determination to solve performance problems with consoles;
- Excellent artistry and attention to detail;
- Interest in technical stuff and learning new tools;
- Ability to manage one’s own work with minimal supervision;
- Asset: knowledge of C ++, C #;
- Asset: knowledge of a shader language (CG, GLSL, HLSL);
- Passion for video games.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.google.ca →