Technical animator (rigger) – Applicant Bank
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
- Be responsible creating rigs on multiple characters, skinning and ensure their proper functioning ;
- Ensure that all game content meet production technical standards as well as memory budgets and performance targets ;
- Investigate run-time performance and other time of technical issues to recommend optimal solutions ;
- Contribute to the development and improvement of tools and pipeline;
- Work alongside the animation team to understand their needs in order to develop efficient tools ;
- Work with programmers and other departments to implement animation features that bring characters to life in a flexible and efficient way.
- 2 years of experience in the video game industry or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max;
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy;
- Ease at communicating and being part of a team;
- Prior significant experience with Motion Builder and Motion capture is considered a plus;
- A knowledge of programming (MaxScript, MelScript, Python, C#, C++ or others) is considered a plus;
- A knowledge of the 3D-related mathematics (matrix, vectors, etc.) is considered a plus;
- Passion for video games.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ANI0000A4&lang=en →