Surfacing Artist – Applicant bank
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Here’s what awaits you in this job:
You’ll be asked to create photo-realistic materials and apply them using project level editing tools. You’ll create your materials from references or concepts. Expertise is required in Substance Designer and Substance Painter softwares.
You’ll also be responsible for adding your personal touch to designing the terrain and graphic presentation and then applying the materials with a keen attention to detail in order to create rich and complex environments that meet the realism requirements of Call of Duty.
We’re seeking an expert who can produce and optimize PBR materials. The ideal candidate will master creating both organic and hard surfaces. He or she could also be asked to work with photogrammetry.
Collaborating with the art director and environment artists, as well as your working methods, will be the keys to your success.
You’ll have a significant impact on the levels to which you are assigned. Decisions are made as a team and workload is divided according to the strengths of each member.
The objective is to improve the visual quality of each Call of Duty game. To be comfortable in this role, you must see technical constraints as opportunities to excel and learn.
You’re arriving at a key moment for the studio, just as Beenox is actively contributing to the production of next-gen content in the Call of Duty family.
Beenox has almost 50 hand-picked artists for whom the working environment is particularly important!
You’ll need to :
- Become part of a team of multidisciplinary artists, designers, and programmers determined to create the best possible material
- Work closely with the environment artists and learn their needs
- Create materials according to technical constraints
- Apply the appropriate materials
- Fix the bugs associated with the materials
- Communicate effectively with art direction staff to ensure visual consistency
- Keep up to date with technical aspects so as to improve your skills
- Provide the team with your opinions during the review process
- Experienced: You have at least three (3) years of experience working in a video game studio or the equivalent, and you crave this type of environment.
- Competent: You’ve successfully delivered at least one (1) photo-realistic type game title.
- Talented: You’re able to present an exceptional portfolio which clearly shows your mastery of PBR materials in a photo-realistic style, in addition to photogrammetry (asset).
- Informed: You‘ve kept up with the latest artistic innovations and you make it your business to try them out.
- Versatile: You’re very familiar with Maya and/or especially comfortable with Photoshop and Substance. You’re also used to working with a game engine.
- Open-minded: You make yourself available, time permitting, to help out with other related tasks, such as modeling.
- Self-directed: You know how to organize your time and you approach your colleagues proactively to identify the work to be undertaken.
- Curious: You’re keen to learn how to use new internal tools and you don’t get discouraged when faced with regular change.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ART00017U&lang=en →