Senior quality assurance tester
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Senior QA Testers are a support function within the Quality Assurance team. They are responsible for testing and generating bug reports for pre-release video games as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party Compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility. Senior QA Testers will take on some leadership responsibilities with a variety of tasks such as supervising and mentoring the test team, helping execute the test plan, and other project related tasks. The Senior QA Tester may also be called upon to perform in an acting QA Project Lead role, which involves organizing and leading the testing effort on assigned pre-release video games.
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing;
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database;
- Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix;
- Completes regression/verification testing as needed;
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management;
- Assists assigned QA Project Lead as a floor lead or platform lead. Assigns tasks to the test team, and follows up on the completion of assigned tasks to ensure that they’re completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Undertakes additional responsibilities, such as database management, or in researching and gathering data for metrics, as assigned by the QA Project Lead. Assists in training and mentoring new testers in the basics of testing the game and QA testing policies and procedures;
- May assist the QA Project Lead during meetings with Production or technical support groups;
- May be called upon to present testing results in higher level meetings with senior management;
- Looks for ways to improve testing effectiveness. Coaches other testers in innovative testing techniques and encourages testers in ways to break the game beyond the obvious approaches. Encourages testing “outside the box”;
- May be called upon to help manage the test team in the QA Project Lead’s absence.
- Familiarity with Devtrack and JIRA;
- Good knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Understanding of the software test cycle process;
- PC and console game troubleshooting;
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Experience with organizing and leading a group of individuals to complete complicated tasks;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrates leadership potential;
- Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/QUA0000FE →