Quality assurance tools specialist
The QA Tools Specialist works directly with the QA Project Leads to identify opportunities for the development of automated test tools specific to an individual project’s needs. The QA Tools Specialist is responsible for the research, development and ongoing support of the automated tools for the duration of their use. The QA Tools Specialist will also adapt existing tools for future projects and ensure training and clear documentation are provided for their use. Any automated tools are designed with the express purpose of improving QA test efficiency.
- Identify and develop automated functional tests specific to the project’s needs, with help/direction from the QA Project Lead;
- Create proposals that layout costs, time investments, etc… for QA Management;
- Document and communicate training materials for use of automated test tools;
- Update and maintain test scripts based on bugs and changes to projects and maintain ongoing support of automated test tools in use by the QA teams;
- Participate in discussions with QA Project Leads and QA Management regarding new features and tools for future projects;
- Research and Identify new automation tools that QA can leverage to increase usage of automated test solutions;
- Adapting existing tools (external & internal) to future project needs;
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Automation test experience and use of open source/java tools;
- Fluent in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java;
- Good understanding of testing methodology and software development lifecycle;
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner;
- Experience writing test plans, strategies, test cases and possess the ability to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials;
- Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database;
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize and scope work;
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation;
- Must possess excellent logic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities;
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism;
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor others.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/QUA0000EE →