QA associate project lead
The QA Associate Project Lead is directly responsible for guiding a team of QA Testers through the functionality testing and/or 1st party compliance testing of an Activision product. The QA Associate Project Lead will be the main point of contact between Production staff, Development teams, and other Activision QA teams.
- Communicates with Development and Production teams to provide recommendations on compliant game functionality and/or technical requirements;
- Creates and maintains all project related checklists;
- Completes milestone assessment reports at Alpha & Beta in accordance with QA policies;
- Identifies and documents requirements in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking databases;
- Creates informative and accurate daily reports and ensures distribution to designated production and management staff;
- Develop effective test plans and perform standards testing on console games to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility;
- Administers the defect report database and other platform associated databases;
- Manages proper closure of all assigned projects and ensures all final code and documentation are properly archived;
- Assists in special projects, such as demonstrations, training, surveys, focus groups, etc.;
- Assists in forming and improving QA systems and procedures.
Managing and mentoring
- Supervises the test team on a daily basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks;
- Actively evaluates tester performance and works closely with them to alleviate any issues that arise;
- Prepares testers for additional responsibilities, such as Senior QA Testers;
- Participate in QA Tester interviews and contributes to hiring decisions.
- Reviews all issues entered by the test teams to ensure bug reports include required information and conform to Activision QA standards;
- Reviews all disputed (‘Not a Bug,’ ‘Will Not Fix,’ & ‘Duplicate’) issues with Senior QA Project Lead;
- Updates the database after each bug sweep.
- Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database;
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner;
- Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials;
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Has been in a leadership role (Senior QA Tester and/or Acting QA Project Lead).
- At least 1 year of experience working as Sr. Tester and/or Floor Lead in the Activision QA Department or in a comparable Quality Assurance department;
- Excellent written/spoken English;
- Strong leadership ability;
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities;
- Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback;
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games;
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation;
- Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/QUA0000EC →