Multiplayer Level Designer
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
You will be asked to:
- Drive the design of your level(s) from paper design to shipping product;
- Along with artists, designers, animators and engineers, engage proactively in the collaborative process of creation of your level(s) with a focus on fun, functionality and look;
- Deliver MP levels that respect the creative vision of the game;
- Analyze level designs, make adjustments and ensure their proper functioning;
- Research history and look of locations portrayed in a level;
- Mentor other designers and be a positive influence on the team;
- Work closely with programmers to guide the development of game mechanics.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a level designer or any relevant experience on AAA games;
- Experience creating and shipping multiplayer levels;
- Mastery of game design processes such as level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.;
- Solid experience in first person shooters (FPS);
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills;
- Strong interest for the military culture;
- Mastery of the English language and willingness to learn French;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Open to feedback and criticism;
- Passion for video games;
- Will be considered assets: experience with architecture background and Mod community experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/concepteur-de-niveau-multijoueur-809 →