Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
- Achieve and maintain lighting of indoor and outdoor levels, using dynamic and/or static lighting tools to enhance a scene or a character;
- Ensure that the lighting deliverables are executed according to the production plan;
- Keep a balance between visual quality and required performance;
- Maintain an artistic style coherent with the vision established by the Art director;
- Work hand in hand with Level Artists to determine the best approach to solve lighting issues;
- Collaborate with Designers to ensure that lighting contributes to missions, goals and pace of the game;
- Develop new lighting techniques with Programmers.
- 3 years of experience with lighting techniques within the game industry, film or equivalent;
- College or university degree in art, multimedia, 3D or equivalent;
- Advanced level in 3DS Max and Photoshop;
- Good knowledge of lighting techniques;
- Good knowledge of materials and shaders;
- Interest in pushing technical limits and learning new tools;
- Ability to manage one’s own work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent artistry and attention to detail;
- Passion for video games.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ART00011U&lang=en →