Concept artist – Applicant Bank
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
- Determine the content with colleagues illustrations;
- Iterate with rapidity concept sketches for characters, props and environments as required by the Art Director;
- Create final polished artwork showcasing detailed materials, colours and lighting;
- Paint over white box environments for model/texture artists;
- Provide orthographic drawings and style sheets for model/texture artists;
- Create storyboards to help concept 3D scenes.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Concept Artist or illustrator;
- College or university diploma or equivalent;
- Ability and interest to work in both realism and fantasy/cartoon;
- Expert knowledge of anatomy, architecture, perspective and industrial design;
- Deep understanding of colours, composition and lighting;
- Ability to design in a wide variety of styles;
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop;
- Experience in storyboarding;
- Highly creative and ability to work from feedback and direction;
- Attention to detail and good speed of execution;
- Passion for video games.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ART00011R&lang=en →