Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
- Define, implement and maintain narrative and in-game cinematic vision of the production title;
- Define and direct cinematic and internal marketing sequences;
- Work closely with support related departments (Narrative Design, Game Design, Art, and Audio) to maintain vision;
- Monitor the quality of cinematic content day-to-day throughout production;
- Create and maintain supporting documentation for cinematic vision, direction and systems;
- Oversee the creation of storyboards and animatics to support visual understanding of content throughout team;
- Direct Voice Over sessions;
- Direct motion capture and performance capture sessions;
- Evaluate aesthetic development of outsourced cinematics;
- Maintain the production pipeline and processes for cinematics team.
- 5+ years in the video game industry;
- Minimum of one AAA title in a Cinematic Designer or equivalent position;
- Experience with visualization tools: Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro and/or equivalent;
- College or university diploma in Cinema or equivalent;
- Experience with one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.);
- Modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with an application towards establishing mood, tone, and emotion;
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development;
- Thorough understanding of animation theory and technique;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, both taking and giving direction;
- Motion Capture directing experience required;
- Performance Capture experience a major plus;
- Passion for video games.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/CIN00000E →