Art outsourcing manager
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
At Beenox, the Art Outsourcing Manager is responsible for the complete lifecycle of interaction between Beenox and our many development partners. This includes working with internal Activision teams to successfully coordinate batches of content to be outsourced (typically composed of multiple briefs), interaction with management for approval of costs / budget necessary, and interactions with multiple teams of third-party groups to successfully deliver all requested content on time, to required quality levels, and within budget.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with his/her colleagues to empower the dedicated game production teams to achieve their goals for content delivery. He/She will also be responsible to make a first-pass review on assets delivered by outsourcers. In addition, the Art Outsourcing Manager will be responsible for regular interaction with the specific team Leads.
The responsibilities of this role will also require the ability to communicate negative (“non-delivery”) information/risks to the production teams in a proactive and constructive manner. Finally, this team member will be pivotal in helping to come up with, and implement, any potential solutions to mitigate the risks that might arise.
- Experience of writing asset briefs and reviewing outsourced assets.
- Experience working with international partners in an outsourcing capacity.
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D editing software packages used by the games and/or film industries. (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong communication skills in both French and English.
- Experience driving relationships with internal and external stakeholders while successfully delivering content within budget and time.
- A keen interest in playing recent AAA games outside of work, with the ability to discuss his favorite titles, and express informed opinions about game quality.
- Personality traits of someone who is thorough and methodical.