Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
Under the supervision of the Creative Director, the Art Director defines the artistic vision of a project and validates the production effort related to that vision. He/She oversees and approves all artistic aspects of the project to ensure that it will meet the highest quality standard for a AAA game, including:
- Illustrations of conceptual character and/or environment
- Rotation sheets and storyboards
- Character Modeling and/or environment
- Character Texture and/or environment
- Special Effects
- Sound and music
- Provides artistic mentorship to various artistic teams ;
- Ensures that all teams respect the artistic vision of the project ;
- Ensures consistency of the project;
- Participates in the preparation of the development plan and scope
- In collaboration with lead artists and lead animators, he/she develops and maintains art production methods that will push the boundaries of visual quality.
- At least one (1) project completed as Art director;
- Ability to effectively lead and delegate to artistic directors and managers ;
- Ability to provide effective criticism and receiving feedback and criticism ;
- Demonstration of strong global expertise in both 2D and 3D art ;
- Solid understanding of popular games and their art orientation;
- Excellent problem solving skills ;
- Excellent analytical skills ;
- Excellent knowledge of the gaming industry in general.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://activision.jibeapply.com/activision/jobs/ART00013M →